Intensive Courses Terms and Conditions
The vast majority of courses go without a hitch, but please read and understand the Terms And Conditions below prior to booking, so we both know where we stand and how the course works. All bookings are accepted on the STRICT understanding that the pupil has read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions outlined below. By booking a course of driving lessons with Intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd you are indicating that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
- ‘you’ means the person named on the booking form as the pupil
- ‘we’ ‘us’ means The self-employed instructor
- ‘the driving agency ‘Intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd’ means the driving agent administering the provision of the driving course, booking the tests and allocating you to a self-employed subcontractor who is a registered DVSA driving instructor.
- ‘the instructor’ means a driving instructor acting on his/her own or on behalf of a driving agency when providing the course
Terms and Conditions.
1. Each course is for the total amount of hours booked. The total hours of the course booked include the time required for taking your practical test and drive home at the end of the course. Additional hours can be booked with your instructor at the agreed hourly rate (this can be agreed between you the pupil and your instructor, normally £27). Also please note: courses are not guaranteed to be completed over one week, larger courses 24 hours or more may be completed over more weeks, subject to instructor availability.
2. All pupils must pass the legally required eyesight test (20.5m or 67 ft). This will normally be conducted by your driving instructor on the first lesson, should you fail the eyesight check the course would have to be abandoned until you have corrected your eyesight. Any agreed hours booked in with the instructor would be lost. It is really important that you get your eyesight checked before you book a course.
3. If your instructor feels that you are not ready to take your practical driving test at the end of the course, due to safety reasons, then you the pupil will not be allowed to take your driving test. If this is the case you will lose your test fee and will not be offered a refund of any unused hours or any deposit or test fees.
4. The prices quoted on the courses guide include the weekday practical test fee that is required for your course, which we book and organise for you. The cost of your theory test is £23 extra. The cost of your practical test-retest is usually £62.00 and will be on a weekday, however tests offered at weekends (if available), or outside of normal working hours is £75.00. Extended driving tests are £62 extra on top of the standard above fee’s, and we should be notified on the booking form if you require an extended driving test. Once these tests are booked they become your property and are non-refundable. Please note you can book these tests yourself on the official DVSA booking website https://www.gov.uk/book-driving-test but you would have to generally wait on the standard waiting times, for example, 10 to 12 weeks for a practical, plus find your own short notice cancellations. You are paying us (including your lesson costs) to manage your booking which includes obtaining a practical driving test for you or a cancellation slot (if available) for the end of your course.
5. Deposit / Full Refunds: In the unlikely event we fail to allocate an instructor for your desired start date, you will be informed of this. If an instructor is then allocated for any week following this, without a refund being requested, the deposit would also then become non-refundable. If you wish to obtain a deposit refund because we cannot fulfil your original desired start date, you would need to inform us immediately at the point we make you aware we would be attempting to book your course for another week before it is allocated to that driving instructor. The reason that we cannot refund a deposit once it is allocated is that driving instructors are self-employed people and cancellation of the course leaves the driving instructor without any income for that week once we have already reserved them for you as previously mentioned above. Courses may be rescheduled for a later date that you can attend at the driving instructor’s discretion, please discuss this directly with your driving instructor. Cooling off period: Once a course deposit is paid, you the pupil have agreed to Intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd terms and conditions, you have a period of 14 days from the day after the payment date in which you are entitled to request a refund, however, you waive the right to the 14-day cooling-off period if you have booked a course to start within this period, meaning that lessons will be arranged within this period and tests that need booking will also likely to be in this period. You have the choice to book for a later date to give yourself 14 days to think about it, but if you choose to start within the next 14 days, you have entered the contract early which means we are entitled to refuse any refund.
6. Once a deposit / full payment has been received then you the pupil have agreed to our terms and conditions, the pupil has a period of 6 months to complete the course from the date of deposit / full payment is purchased, should we not hear from the pupil for a period of 6 months (e.g if you have lost interest, decided not to go ahead with the course, the course is not for you, changed your mind about learning to drive with us, etc…..) then the deposit / full payment is forfeited and any test fees lost, Cooling off period: Once a course deposit or full payment is paid, you the pupil have agreed to Intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd terms and conditions, you have a period of 14 days from the day after the payment date in which you are entitled to request a refund, however, you waive the right to the 14-day cooling-off period if you have booked a course to start within this period, meaning that lessons will be arranged within this period and tests that need booking will also likely to be in this period. You have the choice to book for a later date to give yourself 14 days to think about it, but if you choose to start within the next 14 days, you have entered the contract early which means we are entitled to refuse any refund.
You have 14 days from first booking to request a refund, any time after 14 days becomes non refundable (if you start/book the course in before the 14 day cooling off period then the course payment becomes non-refundable).
7. If the theory certificate is expiring and the pupil is unable to sit a practical driving test before the expiration of the theory certificate, then we will be able to book you a new theory at the cost of £23.00, however, the deposit is non-refundable but the new theory test booking will enable you to continue and complete the driving course.
8. Once the course hours have been organised into the driving instructor’s diary, If a pupil then cancels any driving lessons and it is less than 2 full clear working days from the lesson due date, then those lessons will be forfeited and time lost. At your instructor’s discretion they may be able to add more hours at an alternative date and time but these will need to be paid for separately to your instructor at the rate of £27.00 per hour.
9. If a pupil books additional hours with the instructor and then cancels or fails to show, then these lessons will be charged and payable to the driving instructor at the standard hourly rate of £27.00.
10. When taking an intensive driving course it is not normally possible to drive continuously over a lengthy period of time, therefore, short breaks can be arranged between you and your instructor at both parties discretion, whenever either of you feels that rest is required.
11. Your intensive driving course includes break times and time to hire the car for the practical test and drive you home / back to your agreed meeting point/pick up point at the end of the test, this will have been agreed prior to the date of your practical test between you and your instructor.
12. Intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd acts solely as a booking and administrative agent for driving instructors and agencies registered with us, who teach intensive and semi-intensive driving courses in the UK. They are subcontracted by our intensive driving agency to provide an intensive driving course, with Intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd providing the administration required for the subcontracted driving instructors. This means that we do not provide any driving courses ourselves and we undertake all our activities on behalf of the individual driving agencies and self -employed driving instructors. We are paid on commission off the driving instructor for all successful bookings.
13. A ‘successful booking’ is when we allocate an ADI Instructor and you the pupil agree to begin the driving course.
14. All courses are booked and based with advice on average learning capabilities from past client experience and are a rough guide only. No guarantees can be implied by any advisor or instructor. You should be prepared for extra tuition if it is felt that it is required before you are allowed to safely attend the driving test.
15. A practical driving test cannot be booked until the pupil has successfully passed the theory test and we have been informed of the theory certificate pass number.
16. Practical test availability is subject to tests made available by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). All attempts will be made by us to secure a practical test local to the pupil, however, the instructor reserves the right to choose any test centre they deem appropriate for the pupil. If no test slots become available for the final day of your course then you may save a few hours and return another following week to take your test, once a suitable test slot has been found. Test centres may be closed on weekends and bank holidays. We cannot guarantee a test for any specific day. Please be aware this may require more of your time to complete the driving course at a later date than you originally planned.
17. The contract of the Intensive Driving Course is between you the pupil and the driving instructor (ADI). Any disputes or claims should, therefore, be taken up with the instructor firstly and not Intensivecoursese.co.uk Ltd, Intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd cannot be held liable for any compensation claim from a pupil, nor can it be held responsible for any traffic violation or dangerous/unprofessional driving on the part of the pupil or the instructor. Intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd acts as a booking agent and is paid on commission off the driving instructor for successful bookings.
18. The deposit (initial part payment) for the course is payable on booking a course to Intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd, which is for booking the appropriate tests in advance, searching and reserving you a local driving instructor and for the ongoing administration required. The deposit is not the full balance and is in part commission for Intensivecourses.co.uk ltd for providing these services.
19. The remaining balance of any course is payable directly to the subcontracted driving instructor who is teaching you and is for the lesson fees. The instructor will request payment 14 days before the course is due to start to ensure that the pupil is intending to go ahead with the course and will not let the instructor down at the last minute. (Unless payment has been received in full). Failure be able to pay for the course remaining balance when requested will result in immediate course cancellation, you will lose the deposit paid. Should you pay the remaining balance to Intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd, then we would only be acting as an intermediary and would transfer the money to the allocated instructor you are paying for the driving course.
20. If we cannot allocate you a driving instructor we will inform you before the driving course is due to begin. At this point, you may request a refund of the deposit or we will automatically continue to try to allocate your driving course for the next available date.
21. In the unlikely event of the instructor’s vehicle breaking down during the course, a refund of the outstanding lesson time and outstanding test fees will be made if an alternative instructor cannot be arranged. Lessons taken will be charged at the standard hourly rate of £27.
22. Intensivecourses.co.uk ltd and your driving instructor cannot be held liable for any losses resulting in course cancellation or test cancellation due to any of the following reasons – driving course or driving test cancellation due to bad weather, for example, snow or ice, examiner illness, examiner strike, instructor illness, instructor personal circumstances, vehicle breakdown & sudden product recall on vehicles, DVSA withdrawing/cancelling practical test or theory test. Where possible your instructor will arrange another date to finish the course off in the event of any of the above scenarios.
23. Please do not make any travel or accommodation arrangements until the course is confirmed directly with your appointed driving instructor, this will still depend on section 22 above.
24. Please do not book time off work until you have spoken to your appointed instructor and discussed and confirmed your schedule, this will still depend on section 22 above.
25. All bookings are a provisional start date until confirmed directly with your driving instructor. Should an instructor be unavailable for your desired start week, we would automatically search for a start the following week or until the course is allocated.
26. Full courses payment is valid for 12 months only and if we do not hear back from you then the payment is fortified.
27. Cancellation of a course only in exceptional circumstances, the Agent may at their sole discretion liaise with the Pupil and the Instructor to reschedule the course at the convenience of all parties.
It is agreed by the Pupil and the Instructor that “exceptional circumstances” will be determined by the Agent, who will consider the reason for cancellation, the amount of notice that was given, and the impact any cancellation might have on the parties involved. If a course is to be rescheduled, there may be an additional fee to be paid.
Additional information will be required if a course is to be cancelled, i.e, doctors note/medical certificate, etc……
28. Theory Test
The theory test booking only comes free as part of the 24 hourly lessons (completed) and above. If you complete less than the 24 hourly lessons then the theory test fee charge of £23.00 will be charged. * Only 1 free theory test booking per course/customer
All theory tests dates are booked in direct with you the pupil over the phone with a member of staff, this allows you to pick a date and time to suit you and your diary. Intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd will never book a theory test without talking to you first.
When you have your photo taken by your instructor after passing your practical test you are hereby giving intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd & Instructor’s own website permission/consent to use your photo (and/or any quote) on our website and social media sites unless you state in writing that you do not wish for your photo (and/or any quote) to be used.
30. Gift Vouchers
- The company will issue gift vouchers for courses paid in advance, lost vouchers will result in the loss of lessons and cannot be replaced and will therefore become null and void. PLEASE KEEP YOUR VOUCHERS IN A SAFE PLACE
- The company gift vouchers are valid for 6 months, this will be stated on the gift voucher.
- Once you commence your first driving lesson from a pre-paid booking / gift voucher (which you have 6 months to book in) you then have a further 6 months to complete the remaining lessons with your allocated instructor.
- The company gift vouchers are non-redeemable for cash/non transferable.
- Once this date has passed the voucher will be forfeited.
- The pupil/buyer must notify the Director of The Company within 7 days of making payment If they do not receive their gift vouchers by email.
- Prices at the time of purchase will be in force
- If you experience difficulty booking in with your instructor for whatever reasons then you must put this in writing to us before your lessons expire to avoid disappointment: [email protected]
1. All courses are undertaken with a DVSA registered self-employed driving instructor and are on an individual basis.
2. We do not offer shared courses e.g. 2 pupils in the car.
3. No guarantee can be made of test availability, especially if your theory certificate is about to expire (it is valid for 2 years). In the event that a test cannot be booked for the end of the course, then an alternative test will be offered for a date and time agreeable to the pupil and instructor. No refunds of any monies are applicable in this case. Also, if the DVSA cancels a test for whatever reason, then we cannot be held responsible/liable for the test fee and any lesson time lost, you may need to purchase additional lessons to retake the test. You may be able to claim reimbursement of some lesson time of the DVSA in certain circumstances.
4. Whilst every effort is made to get the pupil to the required level to take the driving test, if it is thought by the instructor that the pupil’s standard of driving falls below the expected standard, then for the health and safety of the pupil, examiner and general public, the pupil will not be allowed to take the test. No refund of either the deposit or any lesson time will be made in these circumstances.
5. All our instructors have been approved or licensed by the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency.
6. A pupil can request to see insurance documentation from their instructor at any time. Intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd cannot be held responsible for any insurance-related claims. Any disputes are the responsibility of the instructor. In the event of an accident, the Instructor is liable to cover any insurance costs, unless the pupil has intentionally damaged the instructor’s car, then that will be at the instructor’s discretion.
7. All course/lesson prices are subject to change without notice and are at the discretion of Intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd.
8. If an email gift voucher is supplied by Intensivecourses.co.uk Ltd, then the voucher is valid for a maximum period of 12 months from the date of issue. Email gift vouchers are to be used by the person named on the voucher and are non-transferable. Email gift vouchers are non- refundable and have no cash value.
9. If payment is received by an instructor for a course of lessons and the pupil does not complete the course, then the remaining hours are valid for a period of 3 months if you have to reschedule some of the hours, at the instructor’s discretion. After this time, the lessons and test fees will be forfeited and no refund will be given.
10. When a pupil is successful and passes their practical driving test, any unused hours may only be refunded at the discretion of the instructor. The calculation of any refund will be based on the hours utilised being charged at the standard hourly rate of £27.
1. You are able to satisfy the driving test eyesight requirements; you can read a number plate from a distance of 20.5m or 67ft.
2. You satisfy the DSVA requirements regarding residency and eligibility requirements.
3. You fill out the booking form correctly so that we can carry out our administration duties.
4. You make us aware before booking of any health issues either mental or physical, which may affect your ability to perform as expected on an intensive driving course and under possible stressful conditions.
5. You agree the full course hours and make a note of the hours that have been agreed with the driving instructor (minus the final few hours if we need to save some for a driving test to be arranged) on the initial phone call with the instructor. If these are not satisfactory please call us at this point so that we can arrange an alternative instructor or discuss alternatives. If we are notified at the office, once the course has begun that you cannot do certain times and dates, or the instructor cannot complete the course with you in a certain time scale, then we are powerless to try to move the course to another local instructor.
6. You agree to book time off work or make travel or accommodation arrangements only once the hours have been agreed in full with an instructor who has called you and confirmed a detailed lesson schedule.
7. You attend your lessons on time. Failure to do so will result in you losing time and the driving Agency/instructor has no obligation in such circumstances to add time to the end of your lesson. The instructor will wait for a short period of time for a pupil at the agreed meeting point, if you are not in the car at the meeting time, and haven’t made contact with your instructor, we will assume the lesson has been terminated with you and move on to another lesson. The instructor is under no obligation to add this time on at the end of the course and the time will be forfeited.
8. You attend the theory test and practical test on time and take both parts of a valid provisional driving license with you when you attend. Theory test booking confirmations will be sent via email to the email address you provide for us on your booking form. Failure to attend will result in loss of the test fee and you will have to pay for the next one.
9. You email us or call us with your theory pass certificate number as soon as you pass it so that we can book the next available practical test on the same day and then begin the process of finding you an earlier driving test if one becomes available on the DVSA’s website.
10. You must not be under the influence of drink or drugs at any time during your course. If we, or a representative of Intensivecourses.co.uk ltd, suspect or detect any sign of this, the remainder of the course will be terminated and you will lose all fees paid, both the deposit or full payment and any lesson fees paid to your instructor.
11. A professional approach is required by the pupil and no abusive behaviour towards the instructor will be tolerated. The course will be terminated and any monies paid will be forfeited in such an event.
12. You supply on the first lesson a signed provisional driving licence. If you fail to produce a valid provisional driving licence, the driving Agency/instructor cannot by law permit you to drive a car and accordingly your booking will be cancelled and any fees forfeited.
13. The construction, validity and performance of any contract shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.